Heavy Duty Series Simplex Roller Chains & Bush Chains
between inner plates
*Bush chain:d1 in the table indicates the external diameter of the bush
Heavy Duty Series Duplex Roller Chains & Bush Chains
|Width between inner plates
|Pin length||Inner plate depth
|Average tensile strength
|Weight per meter
Roller chain or bush roller chain is the type of chain drive most commonly used for transmission of mechanical power on many kinds of domestic, industrial and agricultural machinery, including conveyors, wire- and tube-drawing machines, printing presses, cars, motorcycles, and bicycles. It consists of a series of short cylindrical rollers held together by side links. It is driven by a toothed wheel called a sprocket. It is a simple, reliable, and efficient means of power transmission.
Standards organizations (such as ANSI and ISO) maintain standards for design, dimensions, and interchangeability of transmission chains. For example, the following Table shows data from ANSI standard B29.1-2011 (Precision Power Transmission Roller Chains, Attachments, and Sprockets) developed by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). See the references for additional information.
ASME/ANSI B29.1-2011 Roller Chain Standard SizesSizePitchMaximum Roller DiameterMinimum Ultimate Tensile StrengthMeasuring Load25
|ASME/ANSI B29.1-2011 Roller Chain Standard Sizes|
|Size||Pitch||Maximum Roller Diameter||Minimum Ultimate Tensile Strength||Measuring Load|
|25||0.250 in (6.35 mm)||0.130 in (3.30 mm)||780 lb (350 kg)||18 lb (8.2 kg)|
|35||0.375 in (9.53 mm)||0.200 in (5.08 mm)||1,760 lb (800 kg)||18 lb (8.2 kg)|
|41||0.500 in (12.70 mm)||0.306 in (7.77 mm)||1,500 lb (680 kg)||18 lb (8.2 kg)|
|40||0.500 in (12.70 mm)||0.312 in (7.92 mm)||3,125 lb (1,417 kg)||31 lb (14 kg)|
|50||0.625 in (15.88 mm)||0.400 in (10.16 mm)||4,880 lb (2,210 kg)||49 lb (22 kg)|
|60||0.750 in (19.05 mm)||0.469 in (11.91 mm)||7,030 lb (3,190 kg)||70 lb (32 kg)|
|80||1.000 in (25.40 mm)||0.625 in (15.88 mm)||12,500 lb (5,700 kg)||125 lb (57 kg)|
|100||1.250 in (31.75 mm)||0.750 in (19.05 mm)||19,531 lb (8,859 kg)||195 lb (88 kg)|
|120||1.500 in (38.10 mm)||0.875 in (22.23 mm)||28,125 lb (12,757 kg)||281 lb (127 kg)|
|140||1.750 in (44.45 mm)||1.000 in (25.40 mm)||38,280 lb (17,360 kg)||383 lb (174 kg)|
|160||2.000 in (50.80 mm)||1.125 in (28.58 mm)||50,000 lb (23,000 kg)||500 lb (230 kg)|
|180||2.250 in (57.15 mm)||1.460 in (37.08 mm)||63,280 lb (28,700 kg)||633 lb (287 kg)|
|200||2.500 in (63.50 mm)||1.562 in (39.67 mm)||78,175 lb (35,460 kg)||781 lb (354 kg)|
|240||3.000 in (76.20 mm)||1.875 in (47.63 mm)||112,500 lb (51,000 kg)||1,000 lb (450 kg|
For mnemonic purposes, below is another presentation of key dimensions from the same standard, expressed in fractions of an inch (which was part of the thinking behind the choice of preferred numbers in the ANSI standard):
|Pitch (inches)||Pitch expressed
1. The pitch is the distance between roller centers. The width is the distance between the link plates (i.e. slightly more than the roller width to allow for clearance).
2. The right-hand digit of the standard denotes 0 = normal chain, 1 = lightweight chain, 5 = rollerless bushing chain.
3. The left-hand digit denotes the number of eighths of an inch that make up the pitch.
4. An “H” following the standard number denotes heavyweight chain. A hyphenated number following the standard number denotes double-strand (2), triple-strand (3), and so on. Thus 60H-3 denotes number 60 heavyweight triple-strand chain.
A typical bicycle chain (for derailleur gears) uses narrow 1⁄2-inch-pitch chain. The width of the chain is variable, and does not affect the load capacity. The more sprockets at the rear wheel (historically 3-6, nowadays 7-12 sprockets), the narrower the chain. Chains are sold according to the number of speeds they are designed to work with, for example, “10 speed chain”. Hub gear or single speed bicycles use 1/2″ x 1/8″ chains, where 1/8″ refers to the maximum thickness of a sprocket that can be used with the chain.
Typically chains with parallel shaped links have an even number of links, with each narrow link followed by a broad one. Chains built up with a uniform type of link, narrow at 1 and broad at the other end, can be made with an odd number of links, which can be an advantage to adapt to a special chainwheel-distance; on the other side such a chain tends to be not so strong.
Starmachinechina is a leading global chain drive product supplier with the widest product range. We have 5 state-of-the-art production bases and regional distribution centers and workshops in France, Germany, Netherlands, Thailand, UK, Hungary and the USA. We has built a network of global design, R&D, manufacturing, sales and market service. We have provided over 12,000 varieties
of chains for the global market.
We concentrate on providing high quality products and convenient local service.
Q:Why choose us ?
A. we are a manufacturer, we have manufactured valve for over 20 years .
B. Reliable Quality Assurance System;
C. Cutting-Edge Computer-Controlled CNC Machines;
D. Bespoke Solutions from Highly Experienced Specialists;
E. Customization and OEM Available for Specific Application;
F. Extensive Inventory of Spare Parts and Accessories;
G. Well-Developed CHINAMFG Marketing Network;
H. Efficient After-Sale Service System
Q. what is your payment term?
A: 30% TT deposit, 70% balance T/T before shipping.
Q:Can we print our logo on your products?
A: yes, we offer OEM/ODM service, we support the customized logo, size, package,etc.
Q: Can you make chains according to my CAD drawings?
A: Yes. Besides the regular standard chains, we produce non-standard and custom-design products to meet the specific technical requirements. In reality, a sizable portion of our production capacity is assigned to make non-standard products.
Q: what is your main market?
A: North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Southeast Asia, Africa, Oceania, Mid East, Eastern Asia,
Q: Can I get samples from your factory?
A: Yes, Samples can be provided.
Q: If products have some quality problem, how would you deal with?
A: We will responsible for all the quality problems.
|Standard or Nonstandard:||Standard|
|Application:||Textile Machinery, Garment Machinery, Conveyer Equipment, Packaging Machinery, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Food Machinery, Marine, Mining Equipment, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Type:||Short Pitch Chain|
Can a bush chain be used in automotive manufacturing?
Yes, bush chains are commonly used in various applications within the automotive manufacturing industry. They play a vital role in transmitting power and motion in automotive assembly lines, conveying systems, and other mechanical processes. Here are some specific areas where bush chains are used in automotive manufacturing:
1. Conveyor Systems: Bush chains are employed in conveyor systems for transporting automotive components and parts during the manufacturing process. They provide reliable and efficient movement of materials along the production line, ensuring smooth and continuous operation.
2. Power Transmission: Bush chains are used to transmit power within automotive machinery and equipment. They transfer rotational motion from the motor to different mechanical components, such as camshafts, crankshafts, timing systems, and drive systems.
3. Engine Components: Bush chains are utilized in engine applications, such as timing chains. These chains ensure proper synchronization between the camshaft and crankshaft, enabling precise valve timing and optimal engine performance.
4. Suspension Systems: Bush chains are utilized in suspension systems to connect various components, such as control arms, sway bars, and stabilizers. They help to maintain stability, absorb shocks, and provide smooth movement of the suspension system.
5. Steering Systems: Bush chains can be found in the steering systems of vehicles, particularly in rack and pinion steering systems. They assist in translating the rotational motion of the steering wheel into linear motion, allowing for controlled steering and maneuverability.
6. Transfer Case: In four-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive vehicles, bush chains are used in the transfer case to distribute power to the front and rear axles. They ensure proper power distribution and enable seamless transitions between different drive modes.
7. Door Systems: Bush chains are utilized in power-operated door systems, providing smooth and reliable movement of doors and windows. They contribute to the convenience and functionality of automotive doors, ensuring precise opening and closing actions.
These are just a few examples of how bush chains are used in automotive manufacturing. Their durability, strength, and reliable performance make them suitable for various applications, contributing to the efficiency and functionality of automotive systems and components.
Can a bush chain be used in corrosive or harsh environments?
Yes, a bush chain can be used in corrosive or harsh environments, but it requires careful selection and proper maintenance to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Here are some considerations:
1. Material Selection: When operating in corrosive environments, it is crucial to select a bush chain made from corrosion-resistant materials such as stainless steel or specialty alloys. These materials offer enhanced resistance to corrosion and chemical attack.
2. Coatings and Surface Treatments: Applying coatings or surface treatments to the bush chain can provide additional protection against corrosion. For example, coatings like zinc plating, nickel plating, or chemical treatments can help inhibit rust and corrosion.
3. Sealing and Protection: In harsh environments, it is essential to protect the bush chain from contaminants and corrosive substances. Enclosing the chain in a protective housing or using seals, covers, or boots can help prevent the entry of corrosive agents and debris.
4. Proper Lubrication: Adequate lubrication is crucial for reducing friction and preventing corrosion. Choose lubricants specifically designed for use in corrosive environments, such as those with anti-corrosion additives. Regular lubrication maintenance is necessary to ensure the chain remains well-lubricated and protected.
5. Cleaning and Maintenance: Regular cleaning and maintenance are vital to remove any corrosive substances or contaminants that may have accumulated on the chain. This includes thorough cleaning, inspection, and re-lubrication as necessary.
It is important to consult with chain manufacturers or industry experts to determine the most suitable bush chain and maintenance practices for the specific corrosive or harsh environment. By implementing these measures, a bush chain can effectively operate and withstand the challenges posed by corrosive or harsh conditions.
How do you select the right bush chain for your application?
Choosing the right bush chain for your application is essential to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a bush chain:
1. Load Capacity: Evaluate the maximum load that the chain will need to transmit. Consider factors such as weight, acceleration, and shock loads. Choose a bush chain with a load capacity that exceeds the anticipated load to ensure reliable operation.
2. Speed: Determine the operating speed of the chain. Higher speeds may require chains with specialized designs to minimize wear, reduce friction, and maintain accurate timing.
3. Environmental Conditions: Assess the environmental conditions in which the chain will operate. Consider factors such as temperature, humidity, dust, chemicals, and exposure to corrosive substances. Select a bush chain that is designed to withstand the specific conditions of your application.
4. Size and Configuration: Determine the required chain size based on the available space and the dimensions of the sprockets or pulleys. Consider the pitch, width, and overall dimensions of the chain. Additionally, assess whether a standard or custom configuration is needed to meet the application requirements.
5. Lubrication Requirements: Determine the lubrication method and frequency required for the chain. Some bush chains are self-lubricating, while others may require regular lubrication. Consider the availability of lubrication systems and the maintenance requirements of the chain.
6. Reliability and Durability: Assess the expected operational lifespan and the reliability requirements of your application. Look for bush chains from reputable manufacturers known for producing high-quality, durable products. Consider factors such as wear resistance, fatigue strength, and overall reliability.
7. Cost: Evaluate the cost-effectiveness of the bush chain, considering both the initial investment and long-term maintenance costs. Balance the performance requirements with the available budget.
Consult with a knowledgeable supplier or engineer to ensure you select the right bush chain that meets your specific application requirements. They can provide guidance based on their expertise and help you choose a chain that offers optimal performance and durability.
editor by CX 2023-09-21